why should we speak better English, ladies ?

Should I or Should I not
I always wondered why ,
I 'm smart , ( i think so )
I  know my subjects well .
I  dont have to market anything ..
I can read and write it well.
and mostly I love my mother tongue.

You will not turn in to a british Avatar ( trust me)
but then  one day I met this man who did not know Hindi . I wanted to explain my thoughts and I did not know Tamil .  I gave him every printed material , website and photos I had . But he had more questions. and we struggled big time. He was sweating , me too . But it was an eyeopener . my work was open for everyone in India. we were aiming to be in every city .
I decided to learn , I  was 25 years old. believe me it was not a happy decision. No one around me was speaking English . In my college , it was mostly " jyada angrez mat bano " ( don't pretend to be a British) if someone even tried.

the only thought was a seed from my father " you can learn anything , at any age, if you want to because you just  need smart mind for that". That time I was only 13 and was not able to cook something good.

I went to English speaking institution . it was useful but not suitable as the course got over , but challenges were still there.
I started speaking to everyone who was friendly , i told everyone that I'm on this mission and they should help me. ( they tried their best)
I know all the fears , hesitations, I was in second top position in my office , so reputation was at stake too (if English speaking makes that :)
I'm at a good level now . but i want to be impeccable, its a never ending journey.

This wont happen  
You find your why , but never ever give any right to anything or any language to define your smartness, your goodness or your belief in you.
 READ THIS LINE CAREFULLY ANS SAY IT LOUD

ENGLISH IS JUST ANOTHER LANGUAGE , IF I WANT I CAN LEARN THIS

Comments

  1. Certainly being in the society where we have to deal with people globally we should take english as a medium to communicate only not as a matter of pride , I too will try to be innovative and polish my vocabulary.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I was and some where I still am not very confident speaking english I will improve till the time I will start speaking confidentially as I speak hindi

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you Abhidha. you will rock , with small and consistent steps . Refer the pdf daily.

      Delete
  2. I really want to delearn first n then relearn it in the correct way.. n choose right path for it.. thank u for mentoring in this new journey
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was intense and fun too . wishing you success in every domain of life.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waiting for the edited
      comment dear, thanks

      Delete
  4. This blog resonate so much with my thought process.True,we have attached a omnipresent taboo with engish speakers wherein the world need only confident leaders of any language.cant agree more with you manisha.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to find you, lets make this a mission to make people see the truth. We are the change . We can learn new things and progress at any time at any age and at anything .
      lets learn together .

      Delete

Post a Comment